Friday, January 13, 2012

Melanie Edwards poetry


How It Used To Be

Video Lovestory

I remember how it used to be
when nothing else mattered but you and me
music, country roads, and future dreams.


I miss you, I wish you could see ...
Although you are here, I miss you and me.


I remember when you said how happy I made you
and you really meant it... but now,
it's just a phrase you say without thinking.


I miss those days when you'd call just to say "hi"
or "I love you"... the days it was so hard
just to say good-bye for a while.


I remember how wonderful it felt the first time
you held me in your arms and how after all those
years you still made my heart melt.


I miss the old you and the old me
The old us that could just sit and talk for hours
and never run out of things to say.


I remember when time simply stood still
when in each other's arms is the only place
we wanted to be... forever.


I miss us as I remember how it used to be ...
when nothing else mattered but you and me.


Melanie Edwards
@1lovepoems  -  reverbnation